The following content includes referral links. Read my disclaimer policy for more info.
You may be wondering how to decorate my generic apartment with affordable apartment decor? Despite the misconception, there are tons of inexpensive cheap apartment decoration solutions. Today we are sharing how you can decorate your apartment with affordable home decor ideas for cheap.
How can I decorate my generic apartment?
How can I decorate my generic apartment on a cheap budget? Of course, this may feel impossible especially while being restricted renting, but you will be surprised how the smallest details can make the biggest difference.
Start room by room. Don’t try to completely redo your entire space in one day or even weekend!
Change out the door handles on your kitchen cabinets. Keep the originals for when you move out so you can switch them back!
Create a coffee/ tea nook station. An easy quick cheap DIY that transforms any boring countertop into a place where you look forward to every morning.
Adding textures to your space. An affordable apartment option is instead of changing out your furniture entirely just trying adding to it by throw blankets and pillows.
Adopt some plants, plants and more plants. Fake plants are an option as well but nothing gives new life into a space like plants!
Add baskets for additional storage. A functional yet aesthetically pleasing way that can be added in almost every room in an apartment.
Add a rug. No matter if you have tile, carpet or hardwood floors, adding a rug to your apartment helps create a cozy welcoming atmosphere – not to mention can find such affordable options!
Decorative lights. A functional light is great but an affordable decorative light is really what your generic apartment can use.
Scented candles. A cheap apartment decoration idea that also adds a warm ambiance and depending on the scent – can be relaxing as well.
How Do I Make My Apartment Cozy On A Budget?
Another common question we get asked is how do I make my apartment cozy on a budget? We have rounded up some of our favorite cheap decor home accessories for a complete apartment makeover!
1. Dickinson Woven Throw – shop here.
2. Ashworth Glass Table vase – shop here.
3. Orlando 2 Piece Wall Shelf (Set of 2) – shop here.
4. Borchardt Lumbar Pillow Cover – shop here.
5. Cassville Shallow Bottom Coffee Table Tray – shop here.
6. Acacia Wood Cutting Board – shop here.
7. Beale Lumbar Pillow – shop here.
8. Alina 25″ Table Lamp – shop here.
9. Sandstone 2 Piece Mortar and Pestle Set – shop here.
10. “This is us” Wood Picture Frame – shop here.
11. Thaney Lacquer Serving Tray – shop here.
12. Ceramic Cheese Cutting Board – shop here.
13. Casual Country Wall Mount Toilet Paper Holder with Shelf – shop here.
14. Studio Blue Coupe 7″ Appetizer Plate (Set of 4) – shop here.
15. Arlo End Table – shop here.